Sunday, August 22, 2010

Will i be penalized by canadian immigration if i file for a consumer proposal whilst sponsoring my spouse/kids?

i am trying to sponsor my husband and kids but the legal bills are so high that I have fallen behind with my credit card payments etc. If I file a consumer proposal will this have a bearing on how my sponsorship application with canada immigration.Will i be penalized by canadian immigration if i file for a consumer proposal whilst sponsoring my spouse/kids?
If you cannot pay your own bills, you cannot support a spouse %26amp; kids.Will i be penalized by canadian immigration if i file for a consumer proposal whilst sponsoring my spouse/kids?
I have the same question, and I'm wondering if anyone out there has actually asked this of CIC. ibu's answer is a bit judgmental; in fact, with a consumer proposal, we would be in a much *better* position to support our families. The questions is simply: does CIC treat this the same as bankruptcy?

Report Abuse



if this is like bankruptcy then YOU cannot sponsor your spouse.





Once you are discharged fron bankruptcy then you can apply to sponsor.

No comments:

Post a Comment