Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am a military spouse and need help finding the right school to become a nurse, what program do I need?

Okay I have tried to search this on my own since before I even graduated but none of it makes since, I want to eventually become a Registered nurse, not an LPN but don't really know how to start. What exactly do I need to be looking for all the colleges I have looked at online don't really explain what I need to do to become an RN. I graduated from high school in May of 08' I also graduated from a vocational school in May of 08' and now have my CNA in Missouri as well as South Carolina, but my husband is active duty navy and we are being moved sometime next year to Washington. I want to start my schooling so I can have a career by the time we are able to go home which is in Missouri, but also if I am able to get my RN in Washington would it transfer over to Missouri or how does it all work. Everything I look at just confuses me more and more please help and please don't leave any mean comments. thanks. I am a military spouse and need help finding the right school to become a nurse, what program do I need?
Each program explains a list of prerequisites you need to get into their program.





Have you taken any college classes yet? B/c in addition to completing the prerequisites, you also need to complete the classes (general ed) for the school you are going to.





Some of the nursing prerequisites you need to take before getting into nursing school are:





anatomy


physiology


microbiology


chemistry


organic chemistry


pharmacology


life span development





and that's to just name a few...





it just depends on where you want to go and what type of nursing program you want to get into. Each school is a little different. Most schools do not let you into their program if you've already started another one...you have to start over again.





When you become an RN, you have to take the board exam for the state you want to work in. So if you're working in Washington and then move to Missouri, then you need to take the state board exam for Missouri.

No comments:

Post a Comment