Sunday, August 22, 2010

As a Navy Spouse may I pay to take a MAC Flight from one airforce base to another?

My grandmother just died and my husband doesn't feel that it's safe for me to drive 12 hours alone and neither does my family. It's very expensive to fly commercial these days. How much would it be or is it even possible for a Navy Spouse to take a MAC flight from Dobbins ARB in Marietta, GA to Selfrige AFB in Port Huron, MI? Also, how would I go about securing one of these flights and if my family doesn't have passes to get on base how would they be able to pick me up? Thanks!As a Navy Spouse may I pay to take a MAC Flight from one airforce base to another?
Your husband has to be on leave and with you in order to hop conus to conus. Plus you're not guaranteed a flight either. I would just drive. Do they not want you to drive because you'll be upset? I can understand that. I'm sorry you are going through this. And I do understand what you're going through. When my Grandmother died I hoped that I could catch a hop, but I couldn't. I had to fly home Christmas day to attend her funeral, very expensive to do last minute, BUT most airlines have a bereaved discount. It ended up costing us $500 instead of $700. I would ask around. Each airline has different discounts.As a Navy Spouse may I pay to take a MAC Flight from one airforce base to another?
You may want to check with the MAC terminal at the closest base and see if they have any availablity... I wouldn't trust the answers you get on here. I don't recall if there is a charge or not for space available flights... It has been a long time since I took one....





Most airlines have a bereavement rate also. Discounted costs due to death of family...call an airline for the specifics..





Sorry to hear about your grandmother.-
you should contact family services and then check on what space A flights are avail. From what your IT is it will take longer to fly space A because space has only specific routes and its very likely that you get bumbed and get stranded some where. Sounds like you are close to Alt. Ga you check out south west or air tran maybe you can get a flight plus ask about a military discount.
No..its your own personal problem to take care of
I believe you are asking about Space-A (space available) flights. Not all Air Force bases have them but here is some info.





http://www.military.com/Travel/TravelPri鈥?/a>





http://spacea.info/





http://www.militaryhops.com/
Last I heard, MAC flights were only available for personnel stationed overseas.





Why not try a train, or a bus?





Really, driving isn't a big deal. My younger sister has driven coast to coast like 5 times. Now, if you really aren't a good driver, then I can understand.





But if you are a decent driver, and don't want to fly, nor take bus or train, then just drive! 12 hours is nothing but a hop, skip, and a jump. Take breaks when you need them.
yes you may however you will fly standby to active duty and you may not get to where you want to go in a timely manner some flights go daily to a base but only return every so often so you amy want to look at the terminal you are fly to's return flights before you make the trip, a friend of mine got stuck in Ohio for a month because she didn't know they only fly out of there once a month and the flights can get changed or canceled at any time Without notice!
  • rimmel
  • applying eyeshadow
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment