Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Did you dance with your spouse the entire length of the song?

My fianc茅 and I are debating our first dance song. We have 5 in mind. Two songs are about 5 1/2 minutes long. One song is 3 minutes and the other two roughly 4 minutes long. I know I'm probably over-reacting but I think people might lose interest in watching us dance for 5 minutes. I'm just curious of other people's first dance. Did you cut the song short? Did others join in after a period of time? Please give me your experiences...thanksDid you dance with your spouse the entire length of the song?
I had the same dilemma! My hubs and I danced to ';Sweetest Love'; by Robin Thicke, which is really long AND repetitive. We faded it out after a few minutes and it was great. I'd recommend that, otherwise, people will lose interest.Did you dance with your spouse the entire length of the song?
If I may be so bold, no one cares whether you dance with your spouse. The reception is all about them and their needs for alcohol, rubber chicken, a slice of wedding cake and free entertainment. So please keep your dance to the absolute minimum length required to keep the wedding photographer happy.





I'm not trying to put a damper on your wedding song. I'm just trying to inject some much needed realism into this discussion. The moment you say ';I do'; you're done, and the rest of the day and night is all about the guests you have invited to bear witness to your wedding.





I'm wrong about a lot of things, but trust me on this one. And if you really care about your guests, then you'll choose an up tempo number for your wedding song. (Might I suggest something from the Tito Puente catalogue?) Regardless, just keep the tempo up and the bar open and I can guarantee you a memorable reception.





Good luck and have fun.
Yes. My wife and I danced the entire 4 1/2 minutes of our song.





We had the MC invite people onto the dance floor to join us but they didn't.





I am a DJ and what I do for my customers is if they get tired or want to stop, the groom looks directly at me and nods once. I then fade the song out.





Works every time.





*


*


*
People will lose interest after 30 seconds of watching you dance. Just pick whatever song you like the best. You could tell your DJ or whoever is running the music to invite people to join in and dance after 2 to 3 mins of playing the song if you are ok with that.
I'm not married, but I've been to plenty of weddings, and usually the married couple dances through the whole song, and then OTHER couples join in.
I experienced a ';squirt'; during the song, and since I had a white tuxedo on, I thought it was best if I ran off to the bathroom immediately
We danced, then the bridal party joined in, then the parents joined in, then all the guests were invited to join in.
We faded the song off after 2 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment