Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I am filing an injured spouse form with my taxes. My husband owes back child supp. how much will they take?

will my return be affected, including the eic that we get for our children in the home?I am filing an injured spouse form with my taxes. My husband owes back child supp. how much will they take?
When you file the 8379, Injured Spouse form the IRS will allocate your income, deductions and credits and make the final determination based on the way you allocate the exemptions on the form. Be very careful when filling out this form.





There is no way to know until they inform you how much you will receive. This could take up to 11 weeks if you file the form electronically with your tax return and up to 14 weeks if you send it. I have linked the Form 8379 from the IRS below that may give you more information.





I hope this helps.





Laura H 鈥?H%26amp;R Block 鈥?Senior Tax Advisor 5


**This advice was prepared based on our understanding of the tax law in effect at the time it was written as it applies to the facts that you provided.I am filing an injured spouse form with my taxes. My husband owes back child supp. how much will they take?
since you're filing the injured spouse you will get all your refund,only his share will be taken.just be sure to claim the kids in your space on the form.the irs will decide how much EIC you are entitled to based on your own earned income as if you had filed a seperate tax return from your spouse.





if you send the form with your taxes your refund will be delayed for 11-14 weeks. if you send it about a 2 weeks after filing your return then it will only be delayed about 6-8 weeks.
The EIC is allocated to each of you based in part on how much each of you had in earned income.





The rest of the refund depends on the state and/or how much you made.

No comments:

Post a Comment