Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Has anyone divorced their first spouse that was an alcoholic, and ended up marrying another alcoholic?

in their second marriage? Do you think if you marry someone with substance problems, you will always be drawn to those type of people in every relationship?Has anyone divorced their first spouse that was an alcoholic, and ended up marrying another alcoholic?
I don't think that you will always be drawn to those type of people, i was involved with a heavy drinker for a while and it sucks, relationships with alcoholics rarely work. Some people feel they can fix people, or that if the alcoholic loves you they will change or quit. That is not the case most times. But my bf I'm with now used to drink very heavily and has stopped, it saved our relationship, so it does happen. For me I'm the type of person who makes excuses for other people, and i got tired of it. So I broke it off, he quit drinking for himself in the end and we ended up together. I don't think anyone wants to be an alcoholic, or that you will always end up with one because you were with one before.Has anyone divorced their first spouse that was an alcoholic, and ended up marrying another alcoholic?
I think that is sometimes what happens. In my case I think I have always been drawn to that kind of people becasue growing up my whole family were alcoholics except my mom but she enabled it all so there was not much difference.
I think that you are drawn to these people for a reason, maybe you had an alcoholic parent, and will always be drawn to them until you figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment