Sunday, August 22, 2010

I am layed off from a job in CA, found a new job in NY. Can my spouse draw unemployment in NY?

He has been working one job for 13 years in CA, he will have to quit. No fault of his own.I am layed off from a job in CA, found a new job in NY. Can my spouse draw unemployment in NY?
If he 'quits' then he forfeits the unemployment checks.


He's willing given up employment is what the office will see.


He has to lose the job by no fault of his in order to get unemployment. And if he quits, then they consider it 'voluntary' and totally within his control to keep the job.


That isn't to say you couldn't get some kind of benefits/help from some source but don't expect it to be from the Employment Office. Sorry.


Laws in Missouri are like that, I'm sure it's the same across the board.

No comments:

Post a Comment