Sunday, August 22, 2010

Why do so many people want to know when their spouse's check will come in?

I realize some are planning the payment of bills and such, but the way these questions read is that all they want is the money.





i.e ';When will I get my husbands first check? He left for bootcamp last week?';Why do so many people want to know when their spouse's check will come in?
You really need to see it from the left behind spouse's point of view. When my husband left for basic, I had no idea when he was getting paid and the recruiter never told him. When he was in Basic I spoke to him TWICE, the first time for 3 minutes when he gave me his address in week 0 and the second when he called to tell me his graduation date.


Being a stay-at-home mom (our son was 9 months old at the time) we survived on my husband's pay and in order to budget, I needed to know when he was getting paid. I am a military brat so I asked Finance and they helped. These new spouses have no idea about the military and are just looking for information in the only place they know to look. Many new spouses don't know what or where the Family Support Center is!


It's not about being a money hungry *****--the military doesn't pay enough fo that--it's about budgeting-paying rent, putting food on the table, clothing your children. Give them a break, if you know the answer to a question they are asking Give it to them!Why do so many people want to know when their spouse's check will come in?
Why do you think it sounds money hungry to want to know when the check is coming? With any job a spouse will want to know when the checks will start but when someone is gone and you can't call to ask them it can be nerve racking wondering if it will deposit in time to pay the rent, the electricity etc. Even the example you gave as wording that you think sounds like they are out for money is just a simple way of asking a basic question. I know when my husband was in basic I was making decent money and could pay everything with my own salary but I wanted to make sure he was getting what he was supposed to and when he was supposed to. When you are married to someone in the military it quite often falls on you to make sure they get paid b/c quite often they aren't home to check on it themselves. I'm sorry but it really bugs me to no end that people think that a woman asking about her husband's pay is indicative of her being a gold digger...especially when their spouse is in the military...cause we all know that you are NOT going to get rich off of a military man! Believe it or not most of us military wives married a man that we love and not a man that could get us benefits!
money is pretty darned important.





this is a Capitalist country after all.
this is because they join for the wrong reasons, they soon will find out they made a grave mistake, because that check is always taking its time and is never enough!!
Thats funny





i.e ';When will I get my husbands first check? He left for bootcamp last week?';





The last time I checked, its the recruits money, so maybe he/she opened up a seperate account, and its deposited in there. I guess some people are too greedy. What little do they know, that first check isn't worth much, only to cover basic expenses. They have to wait after the 4 month mark to see the real money, and even then, its still not much. I think the spouses that say things like that will be highly disappointed when they see the first few checks.
wives like my brother's ex who only want a military man to get out of ';this town'; or for 10 years to qualify for part of his retirement and then leave. what ever happened the genuine spouses like my mother who made ends meet on her own while waiting on the military to straighten things out and get the money where it needs to go....Not sayin there arnt some good ones out there, this is just in regard to the ones previously mentioned in the question.
Well, when my husband left for basic, I didn't know when to expect the first check either. It ended up taking about 6 weeks to get our first check, and I have to tell you...paying all of our bills on my paycheck was damn near impossible. I know that there are definitely some money hungry women out there, but it can be a legitimate question.
Money is the lifeblood of existence.
Simple-young, unemployed, money hungry bitches.





Edit-the wives, not the recruit/trainee.

No comments:

Post a Comment