Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How do you feel about your spouse's friends of the opposite sex?

My wife has one guy friend that she talks to on a regular basis. She asked how I felt about it.I told her that talking on the phone and email is ok,but when they start ';meeting'; for lunch,there's a problem. I don't have any friends of the opposite sex but I do work with all women at my job,but I dont associate with them after hours. How do you feel about your spouse's friends of the opposite sex?
I think thats fair. I would never tell my boyfriend/husband who he can be friends with and would expect the same in return. In fact, I have guy friends who are really good friends and my boyfriend doesn't seem to have a problem with it...because he trusts me. I've always told him that its fine with me if he has friends who are girls, as long as they know me too. we all hang out. It's fair to set guidelines, but it would be totally unfair for either of you to tell eachother who the other one can be friends with. How do you feel about your spouse's friends of the opposite sex?
My hubby has a couple girls that he is friends with from work, but he doesn't talk to them much through email or phone. Heck, I think I might talk to them more than he does now. I have a couple guy friends from before meeting my husband that I may email or text once in a while, but I don't meet for lunch or at the bar without my husband present. Not because he said I couldn't but because I don't think it is right for a married woman to have alone time with other men that can be misconstrued as a date (whether it is or not).
I'm okay with it as long as I know the woman and have a good relationship with her. There was the this woman who lived nearby (she moved away now) and she used to approach my husband when he was outside and away from me and acted very flirty with him. She would ignore me when she saw me and wouldn't give me the time of day. I told my husband that if he valued our relationship he better not talk to that woman again. He stopped talking with her after that.





I saw her on the street a week after I talked to my husband and told her I know what a nasty skank she was and if she kept flirting with my husband I was going to put my foot up her ***. She left him alone and moved away shortly there after. Problem solved!
i don't much care. i'm secure enough in both my relationship with my fiancee and my masculinity to know that men and women both have friends of the opposite sex. in fact, many of my friends are women, and she doesn't care either, since she knows most of them.





i'd probably have a problem if they went out one on one, but i wouldn't stress about it. i'd just ask what was going on. i'd only worry about it if she tried to hide it.



You guys are married. I know there are things that my husband did not like for me to do, so I changed them to Please HIm. It goes both ways. For the sake of your relationship sometimes you need to be willing to make changes. What she is doing is not extremely bad, but you don't like it. So she needs to change it. It's part of working at your marriage. You have to be willing to change something when she asks of you as well. My husband is just like you. He doesn't even associate with females. I'm more friendly and have always had male friends. But I had to change my ways. I want to stay with him forever and if I need to change than I will. For the sake of our marriage.
My husband doesn't have any friends of the opposite sex except our friend's wives. I personally like it that way.





I have good guy friends from before my husband and I met, and now do not go hang out with them unless my husband is with me, and really don't even talk to them on the phone out of respect for my husband.
My girlfriend has a couple of male friends that she has known from childhood and they will send her a message for her b/d or over the festive season, when we have gone out and run into some of them she has a long chat with them and I am ok with all of this.


Why should she lose all her male friends because I have come into her life- it is not that she goes out with them whilst I sit at home.


If she has known them for all this time and not had a physical relationship with them then why would she have one now?



My bf still hangs out with the opposite sex sometimes. It never bugs me at all because i trust him. I do however hate when he text he last ex before me. I don't know why she is the only one that i can't stand him talking to. Luckily he hates her to and only talks to her because they have a baby together. SO....
We don't have friends of the opposite sex.





We have each other, that's more than enough ';opposite sex companionship'; for the both of us!
my best friend is a girl. My wife loves her. We have been great friends for 15 years.
in the beginning i was okay with my ex having one friend of the opposite sex but then he cheated on my with her. so no
The only opposite sex friends that we have....are friends to the both of us...
This is a hard one. It all comes down to trust. My husband freaks out all the time if he thinks I am even talking a little bit to the guys at work on a non-pro level. I would never ever cheat. I do like to joke and talk and I use to go to lunch. I stop the lunch in fear that the hubby would find out and freak out. It is all because he has no trust. He does on the other hand work with a lot of girls and I could care less that he does.In my mind if he is going to cheat well so be it. All I can do is love him when I have him. Treat him with the respect a spouse desires and be a good wife. If he wants some else what ever it doesn't matter if I say he can have female friends or not. He claims he doesn't I know better. I have guy friends and I would never ever cheat. Any how. You either trust your wife or not. If it bugs you too much think about how she will respond once you bring it up.Once this is talked about it can be more trouble sometimes. But I do think you should has a husband just say you feel a little uncomfortable with where this is going you would prefer her not to go to lunch alone with any one guy from work. Be gentle with how you say things. DO NOT compare how you are. men and women are different. We just like friends while men go to work to go to work. (most any way) Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment