Friday, August 20, 2010

Is it worse for a person to lose a (perfect) spouse or a child?

If you have a spouse that understands you somewhat more than the average spouse is it more important that they live than your child (especially if your child doesn't get you as your spouse does)?





Your own survival is not at issue and I hope no-one you love dies before their time, it's just a question....





Sorry for the potentially emotional subtext for anyone who has lost a spouse or a child, I really feel for you. This is just a kind of straw poll.Is it worse for a person to lose a (perfect) spouse or a child?
Child, definitely your child!!





I'm not a mother myself (yet! age 22 I've loads of time!), but if I had kids I'd always put them before anyone else. You have an unbreakable bond with your children, like I do with my mum %26amp; you'll never be able to have that kind of bond with a bloke no matter how brill he is. That child is your flesh %26amp; blood. My parents are divorced %26amp; I'm still my mum's baby but he's out of the picture completely! Things can change with spouses - your kid will always be your kid so in a way I think they're more important. I believe parents should not outlive their children - that's too much heartache for a person to bear %26amp; it saddens me that it does happen.





There's loads of points to be raised with this question, good one! One thing I'll point out though, I know of someone who has had a child, then split from the child's mother. He's now engaged to someone else, and doesn't see his child much at all, but spends all his time with his fiancee. I wonder if the bond is stronger with mothers to children than it is between dads %26amp; their kids???Is it worse for a person to lose a (perfect) spouse or a child?
I lost my sister and her father (we have different fathers) in a house fire and my mum grieved for my sister and didn't think about her husband who was the love of her life ... (I, btw am adopted into the family)


The love for your child is stronger than the love for anyone in your family, even your own mother.





do mine please, thank you everyone


http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AmKuwMNhoG3QScxi1mmIOYkgBgx.;_ylv=3?qid=20090225191229AAVcNKm
I cannot think of anything more painful than losing a child--it goes against nature,time...they should have buried us.I buried my granddaughter last August...she was stillborn...and the grief that my daughter continues to go through over the loss of her beautiful baby girl is beyond comprehension.
Probably depends on the person,


so many things to consider,


but would say the majority hardest loss would be that of a child
I've lost an infant daughter and it sucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment