Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I'm married and want to file my taxes joint but spouse not filing can i do that?

If i can how much earned income is that with 3 children?I'm married and want to file my taxes joint but spouse not filing can i do that?
The Earned Income Credit will depend on your income. You must file as Married Filing Jointly to get the Earned Income Credit if you live with your spouse. Even if your spouse does not make enough income that they are required to file income taxes it will be an advantage for your family rather than passing up the Earned Income Credit.I'm married and want to file my taxes joint but spouse not filing can i do that?
i don't understand why your spouse is not filing a tax return. If you file a Joint return then you are both filing a return -- jointly.
You could technically file a return with your spouses name on it without puting any in their income information; however you could be in serious trouble if their income was of a significant amount and you got audited.
  • nose mask
  • favorite lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment