Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How long does it take for my spouse to come to the USA from Egypt?

I am a U.S citizen , and planning to get married in Egypt this Summer. I am Planning to do her paper work here in the U.S after i come back. My question is How long would it take for the papers to be finish?? i heard 6 months or 1 year?? any ideas????How long does it take for my spouse to come to the USA from Egypt?
It is not as simple as being able to say it will take X amount of time. There are variables that come into play e.g. the service center that you file the initial petition with (some faster than others), background/security checks (which are done at the service center stage, National Visa Center stage, and the consulate/embassy stage), any documentation or incomplete information that needs to be requested from you, etc etc. Background/security checks can be lengthy depending on the country of the applicant. Once you file the I-130 for your spouse (which leads to the Immigrant Visa) , you also have the option of filing the I-129F (which leads to the K-3). The K-3 can be a faster route but not always. You can find all the documentation etc that you will require as well as guides to help you along the way in the below link.How long does it take for my spouse to come to the USA from Egypt?
12 HOURS
6 months to a year sounds right, probably closer to a year for Egypt as they do more intense FBI checks for countries in the middle east, which can delay approval of visas by months.
About a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment