Thursday, July 29, 2010

Why is it when you ask a question about money issues concerning your spouse in M&D most people assume the wife?

doesn't work or is a stay at home mom?





I know I have asked questions in the past and was told to be grateful that my husband supports me when in truth it is the other way around.





Why do most men figure the wife is a stay at home wife and doesn't work. Or tell you if you don't like how much money they make get a job. Well thanks but I already have one.Why is it when you ask a question about money issues concerning your spouse in M%26amp;D most people assume the wife?
It is pure and simple stereotyping. Historically, women have worked in the home and men worked outside of the home. It sounds like someone recently said that to you.Why is it when you ask a question about money issues concerning your spouse in M%26amp;D most people assume the wife?
Sadly, that's a stereotype people have. There are lots of stay at home dads and hubbys out there. As long as both people are happy with the arrangement, its good. :-) Any stay at home mom, dad or single knows its not all fun and games dealing with the daily chores and needs that must be met to run a home properly.
It is funny that way. Some friends of ours are having a baby in the next couple weeks and people have asked her if she will become a stay at home mom. She always laughs at this and says no because she makes 2/3 of their income! People are always very shocked by this.
I got married late in life and found out that its up to me to pay all of my bills. He told me if I was desperate he would help me. Sorry, I'll make my own way before I get desperate and dependent. It is so true-- most people think men pay for women, but it's not always true...
The same way people assume women who describe their husbands as doing anything out of the ordinary as a sign of cheating. Preconceived notions.
Assumptions are a tool of the weak minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment