Thursday, July 29, 2010

My ex-spouse recently died, am I still considered to be divorced?

I wondered what I would put on forms and documents that ask for marital status.My ex-spouse recently died, am I still considered to be divorced?
You are only considered to be widowed if you were married at the time of his death. The divorce was prior to his death, so you are legally still considered divorced.





Some religions do not recognize divorce, and they will consider you to be widowed. For example, as a divorcee, you could not marry someone else in the Catholic Church (unless the Church issued an annulment of your first marriage). Once your Ex died, you would then be considered widowed and would be allowed to marry in the church.





I believe your question is about civil, not religious rules, and in that case you are legally still divorcedMy ex-spouse recently died, am I still considered to be divorced?
I am sorry....





If you and your spouse legally divorced before his death, then you are still legally divorced. Your marital status would not change because of his passing. The only way it would change is if you were still legally married - you would then be considered widowed.
If that is the biggest problem you have to worry about then you need more to do in your life. I never put my status on anything....it is no ones business! Why don't you worry about something important???
If you are divorced when your ex died then you are still divorced. I was also divorced when my ex died and I still say that I am divorced.
Yes, divorced.
Yeah you're still divorced. Funny though my ex was one week from being divorced when her soon to be ex died of a heart attack. She got his sizable life insurance policy.
Divorced, or Single.
Yes you are divorced.


You would be widowed if you were still married when your spouse died.
Divoriced duh! You wern't married to him when he died.
Your single. You are neither or since he has passed.
Just put ';Simple';
Yes--but what's wrong with just saying ';single';?
You are widowed not divorced.

No comments:

Post a Comment