Thursday, July 29, 2010

How often are you & your spouse intimate ?

We have 4 children and I was wondering how often you and your spouse are intimate if you also have children. Just wanting to see what the ';norm'; is......thanks!How often are you %26amp; your spouse intimate ?
I think it varies from relationship to relationship. Try not to beat yourself up if other married couples are intimate more often. I mean, having kids makes a big difference. But, you can have a couple with four kids who can do it often, but then another couple with four kids might not get the chance. Children are different and their needs vary. I hear people say everyday, or 4 times a week, but is that the constant? This week me and my husband had sex three consecutive days in a row. Yay us! We did good! But, i promise theyre has been times, where we've gone about two weeks! I think what matter more, is not how much you do it, but how often you would like to! You should always try to make time for each other, but it seems like the more we TRY to make time, the more it backfires. Its like the kids sense mommy and daddy are going to do something fun that night, so they nip it in the bud real quick! lol!





oh btw, we have three children, 2, 5, and 8. and our two yrs. old is going to be the death of me, i swear!





good luck!How often are you %26amp; your spouse intimate ?
Well, since I am divorce, I have to answer looking back at my past marriages.





Intimacy is more than just having sex. I find that some of my most intimate moments with my wives really had nothing to do with intercourse. Time alone on a mountainside can be very intimate and just as satisfying as intercourse.





In my first marriage, we really had a hard time being intimate (sexually or otherwise). Oh, we did have our times鈥?after all, we did have three children. But moments of intimacy were rare鈥?maybe once a month and even less close to the end.





In my second marriage, many times a week (both sexually and otherwise). I really loved to brush her hair or give her a massage. But the amount AND quality of our intimacy really depended on how busy we both were (both worked at least part-time) and the stress we were under. Obviously, as our problems increased, our times for intimacy decreased. Having said that, the very night before she walked out, I gave her a full body massage and we had wonderful sex.
We have been married for 12 years and have 2 kids 8 %26amp; 10. I am 40 and she is 47.





Year 1: 1-2 times a week


Years 2-4: every day until pregnancy, then nothing after that


Years 5-12: 6-10 times a year, when i begged and initiated


The past 12 months - none





I tried to talk to my wife several times. It went nowhere. She refuses to ever initiate, and when I used to initiate, she would say no most of the time. I got so beaten down that I finally stopped trying and started fooling around on business trips. It's her fault.





We are finally going to counseling, and i think the counselor even believes my wife is retarded.





edit - as for the person way above who said ';when the kids go away to college, all you have to throw out is the dog'; do you think your husband is happy about waiting 18+ years for you to relax? that is WAY TOO FREAKIN LONG. wake up.
There are some studies that indicate that an ';average couple'; does it 6-8 times a month. I would assume this decreases over time.





Regarding myself...average never sounded so spectacular! If I get it more than once in each four week period (cycle time), then it's like friggin christmas.





Nevertheless, I have my goals of achieving one third of average.....sigh





BTW, 4 kids
Depends on what is going on. This is a 'good' week and we have had sex about 7x on 5 different days. A bad week is zero or once for only a minute. He is hot and cold, depending on his stress level. Stress does not affect my sex drive at all. We have one child and I am 8.5 months pregnant.
Intimate meaning having sex? Every 2-3 months. Intimate meaning sharing quality time together - every day, all the time. Our relationship is very intimate.





P.S. We don't have kids.
I have 2 children.... and things come and go sometimes everyday sometimes 1 or more times a week. But my husband seems to think he is a lucky man cause he gets it much more than his co-workers! I think every relationship has different needs.
Not often enough for me. We have sex probably once a week maybe twice if I'm lucky. And I have a 4 year old son. No matter how much I tell him I want more it never changes so I have just learned to accept it.
I like to shoot for 3 to 4 times a week, but there always seems to be something that gets in the way. As you will find out as life goes on.
At least every day sometimes 2-3 times a day but we also are newlyweds. We have a had a few days when we went without for a day but we always made up for it :)
the kids really do put a damper on things, but one day they will all go away to college and the only one you have to throw out of the room is the dog. :)
I'm 39 Years old. mother to four kids ages 21, 17, 13, and 7. I have been married for 18 years my husband and I have sex two to three times per week.
6 kids





Daily





*edit*


Who the hell would thumbs down a mother of 6 who f*cks her husband?? What is WRONG with you people?? Jeeeezzz
1-2 times a week. Sad, very sad. Frustrating, very frustrating.
i have 3 children and me and my significant other are very intimate but if ur spouse aint takein care of bussines then do somethin to spice up the night or something
GO MUSTAFAH!
Every day. We have sex in the hall ways. I walk past her and she and I say f' you to each other. Intimate!
We have a six year old, and we have sex three or so times a week.
We're intimate everyday! We don't always have SEX, but that is just a part of our intimacy.
every other day atleast. Its called putting the kids to bed early! lol


Thats really the only time we get together to talk and to do dirty things.
maybe once in the last year and a half.
everyday
Every single day. Ok, at LEAST 5 times a week, but the last few weeks it's been everyday. We have a 3 year old.
couple times a week with my spouse...waaaaay more than that with my girlfriend
once a year no joke

No comments:

Post a Comment