Thursday, July 29, 2010

What would you do if your spouse cheated on you?

Please, objectively (and realistically) provide a course of action you would take if (God-forbid) your spouse were cheating on you.





This is merely a hypothetical question to satisfy my sociological curiosity.





Thank you for your cooperation ^_^














fyi: Depending on the circumstances, I would try to forgive and book a marriage counselor. Or... divorce without questions and vanish from her life ^_^;;What would you do if your spouse cheated on you?
Leave and never look back.What would you do if your spouse cheated on you?
Personally if I were faithful and found out my partner was cheating it would be over, because it's not fair that I'm being devoted while the other is being untrustworthy and selfish. If there are problems in a marriage then instead of jumping in bed with someone else then why not get help, and if that fails then why not just tell the wife/husband that you're really not happy and you want a divorce? Honesty is the mature fair way in my opinion, instead of contracting an std, being an a**hole, and lying. Good people don't deserve to be treated like sh*t.
He cheated on me once a couple of months before I got pregnant. 4 months after conception we got married. I didn't find out til after we'd been married for 6 months almost got a divorce. Decided to give him a second chance since he straightened out and is working hard for his family and doing everything a perfect husband would. If he did it again tho' there's not gonna be a third chance because he knows the exact consequences and made his choice and made his intentions clear. To tell you the truth tho I don't think he would do it again tho' he's proved himself to me and it took a little bit of time for him to regain my trust.
Honestly, If you are in a relationship without any ';real Ties'; (such as children and staying with each other) The easiest thing to do is LEAVE and NEVER GO BACK only for your sake. But if you are married then you really need to figure out what is not right in your relationship. It could be attention or boredom, but in either case that is a bond NO ONE could ever remove, so I would seek marriage support from church and stay by my husband side until he shows signs of not attempting to change or violence. I hope this help you because it has help me figure out what I need to do now. ;-)
My wife did cheat on me, You can pick up the signs when a person you have known a long time is out of character (I guess 17 years together) she said she needed time alone in Florida (who says that) so I checked underwear drawer (new stuff) And got a hold of emails (took some work) Did not like to read them but I wasn't going to be the last to know.


We had gone to counseling before, that was it for me. We have 2 kids 17 and 11. Not divorced yet, soon. Kids are coping. She is seeing someone,I don't care are love life was over long ago.





I guess she's dating and I'm writing ';dear Abby'; on the internet. Life goes on.
i had been cheated on many many times before, there were times when i was asking myself if the problems starts with me, and i never took them back. once a cheater will always be a cheater. i say divorce her because eventhough she'll ask for your forgiveness being cheated on is a scar that will never go away. in the first place why'd she marry you if she's just going to look for another and just to find her curiosity, i don't even call this love
Ok my ex cheated on me after 3 yrs. and had a child on the way which i didnt find out about until this chick was 4 months. Oh and i was highly pissed and hurt b/c we both wanted kids especially me. I was so freakin hurt. I stayed with him but still could not get over that fact that he he had a child but i got over the cheating. In the end i left him and was thinking about getting bac with him until i saw text messages but he got mad @ me for looking in his phone and he didnt even try to deny it. To sum it up : 1- i stayed 2- i tried to make it work more than him 3- it failed
Well I would feel like I got kicked in the stomach married 20 years and he is very loyal and hates cheaters his first wife cheated on him.


So I would be in shock, then if he wanted to stay with me we would have to go to counciling. I am not sure I think I would make him miserable asking him why and comparing myself to her.


I would try and make it work.
I would definitely fantasize about hurting him and the girl he cheated on me with, but realistically, I'd pack up my stuff and leave him, or throw his stuff out for him to take. It's not worth staying with someone like that. I could never trust him again.
I was cheated on and I smacked the hell out of him and kicked him out.There wasn't a 2nd chance.





I couldn't stay with a man after that because life would become miserable for the both of us.I'd hold a grudge, throw it in his face and probably cheat right back.It just wouldn't be good for anyone.Best to get back up, dust myself off and find someone who is worth my time and love.
I would not stay with him because if he is once a cheater, always a cheater . unless he was drunk or something.Also, If my spouse tried to hide an affair, I'd leave because if he was cheating, then it is obvious that I am not good enough for him.


And you really deserve better.


Hope you're okay!
Three things in this order....





1. Get EVIDENCE


2. Get REVENGE


3. Get a DIVORCE
I personal believe that if anyone cheated once will always do it twice.
I would be truly hurt and I would never be able to trust him again. Not sure if I'd divorce or not
Forgive, but not forget.........
I went through one divorce when I was younger and it was horrible (%26amp; I was the one the did the leaving).





If I found out my husband was cheating I'd first


doubt it


then be mad and sad





I'd probably start setting aside money (in case he said bye-bye).





Then I'd inform my husband that I knew that he was cheating and we had a counseling appointment on such and such date.





Probably a morning appointment since he works nights.





If he gave me any problems about the counseling, I'd tell his sisters that he has started acting like their dad.
LEAVE! If they do it once they will do it again!!!!!
My ex husband did cheat on me... I waited for him to get home from work and when i confronted him he denied it.. things got out of hand so I grabbed his gun and blew his ear off.. this is no joke!
First off I would be devastated. Before I did anything I would have to know some details so that I could decide how to proceed. First off we have to assume that my wife wants to work things out. If she does not want that then there is nothing I can do.





Hopefully it was a one-time and a short-term fling that my wife felt guilty and remorseful over and we could talk through what she was going through that led her to stray. If I could see how my actions contributed to her decision to stray then we could set out to rebuild and to heal.





Worse case... a long-term affair or multiple affairs. Now if this was the case It would be more difficult for me to reconcile unless my wife could impress upon me some kind of reason that she wanted to end her affairs and recommit to our marriage... I would want to try but this would be a painful scenario.





Truthfully, if my wife had a one-night thing or a short term thing and realized right away that it was wrong and that she loved me, I would just as soon she figured that out on her own and never confided her infidelity to me. If she could rededicate herself to me and our family then I would not want to know that pain or lose that trust in her.





If I found that I was being used or was being walked on, if she was caught multiple times... I would probably leave her. You can adapt to a lot of things in life... but the very least you should be able to expect from your spouse is that they love you.... through the ups and downs, the good times and the bad times, they need to be by your side. I expect that if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment