Thursday, July 29, 2010

Did you ever have conflict with your spouse/signifigant other about?

Circumcision of a newborn baby boy? how did you settle it?Did you ever have conflict with your spouse/signifigant other about?
I don't have a son yet, but if me and my future spouse were to disagree on this, I would first make him read up on it and why it is unnescary, including watching videos of the procedure. If my spouse insisted that it be done, I would simply put my foot down on the issue and refuse. If you do not cxonsent to the procedure, the other spouse can nOT legally override you. You just need to be sure that all doctors involved with your sons care know that you disagree with your spoouse, and that you do NOT give consent, and they won't touch your son. I highly doubt that hubby will take you to court over this, so that should be the end of it.





Looking like Daddy is probably the stupidest argument- the fact is that most grown men don't know if their father is cut or not. Even if your son dOES notice, its a VERY simply explanation (Daddy had a little operation...) really, they notice that Daddy is bigger and hairier first.





The second worst idea is to go with Dad because ';he's the only one with a penis'; If your hubby was cut in infancy, he simpy doesn't know. YOU are the only spouse with intact genitals, afterall!





I would err on the side of caution in this case and NOT cut. Point out to your hubby that it is never to late to have the procedure performed, and that an adult gets full anesthesia, post op pain care, even pills to help prevent erection while it heals. (Babies get none of this) If your hubby feels so strongly about circumcision, you can agree to offer to pay for the procedure for your son when he turns 18, if he decides that he would like it done. -NebDid you ever have conflict with your spouse/signifigant other about?
A good settlement is leaving the baby intact. That is the way they were made, the way they were born, it's normal and natural. It is not the anti-circumcision parent winning. It is postponing the decision and leaving it up to the owner of the penis, who can choose to get it done at any age. I think that's a fair compromise. And if the pro-circumcision partner can't see that an intact penis is normal, and not circumcising isn't a choice it's just the way the baby is made, then it sounds like they have some pretty big issues. The partner who doesn't wnat the procedure done should make their objection vocal - then doctors can't do it. Leaving the boy intact is giving him the choice - it's his penis, not that of either partner.
I dont think it needs to be done, my husband wasn't so that pretty much settled it there, we did discuss it but we figured that if we didnt, we would avoid the whole ';why is daddy different then me'; talk, so i would suggest talking it over with your spouse, and coming to a mutual decision, but i think your best bet might be to settle it like i did, what daddy has baby boy has if you catch my drift. And Cheekymummy doesn't know what she is talking about when it comes to military service and circumcision. My husband isn't circumcised and he is a U.S. Marine and has been for years!
yes - i showed him this video: http://video.yahoo.com/watch/352478
no. its considered a needless, painful op in the uk. unless religion or a medical problem dictates it. its living in the dark ages to believe it needs done when the uk has not done it for a long time and so medical evidence exists to support not doing it. lots of it!





why not chop their ears off so they don't have ear wax? surely thats cleaner?!
No conflict. Went with what dad has. Not very common in Australia anymore anyway.
no we discussed it but he flat out said no and so did i
Yes we argued alot about it. He wanted it done and I didnt. I think that it is too painless and needless. I also dont think that I have the right to make that decision for him (which we both agreed on) so we are leaving it to him.
its considered cleaner but things can go wrong so i wouldnt do it unless its for medical reasons.
The US seems to be the only country that mutilates its baby boys for non-religious reasons. Even many jewish Dr.'s are now deciding against circumcising their sons or grandsons.





In my opinion, it is done in the US routinely simply because it's a multi-million dollar business.





If the foreskin served no purpose, then he would not have been BORN with it and the foreskin actually can PREVENT infection during infancy and childhood.





Do a lot of research both FOR and AGAINST before you get it done, and if do choose not to, then don't be talked into it by the nursing staff, as once this procedure is done, it is very hard to have it reversed later on.





We are not in the dark ages anymore where bathing was hardly ever done. As long as it's kept clean there should be no problems.





80% of the world's male population is UNcircumcised.





A LOT of my family members were/are in the military and they did NOT have to be circumcised to join.
Not really. My husband has no opinion on the subject and I chose to leave our boys intact.





As for that answerer who says you NEED to be cir'd to join the Army, Navy, etc., my dad is intact and he was a marine.
Yes. My DH is for circ for the ';look like daddy'; reason. I asked him if he knows what his dads penis looks like...he said no. Good argument on his part, huh.





I told him...not our penis, not our job to do cosmetic, barbaric surgery on it. He told me my other sons were cut, so why am I against it now? Because I have learned about it and know it to be 99% unnessecary now and that my other sons would not have been put through it had I know these things then.
This is touchy subject for everyone. They are either for it or against it. I'm for it, i have a three year old boy and a 4 month old girl... Before we made the decision i researched everything i could. But it did come down to the facts for us!!!!


1. It is cleaner


2. We wouldn't be able to show him how to clean it


3. We didn't know how to


4. We didn't feel comfortable folding the skin back and cleaning it


5. My pop was 18 when he wanted to get done as he got a really bad infection and he said he felt like dying... (easier to be done when they are young as they dont remember it.)


6. His dad was too...


7. When they are older if they want to be in the navy, army etc, they HAVE to be circumcised for health reasons


It is completely your choice and you will find people that are against it but it is you and your partners choice.





They do out a numbing cream on it and after the procedure is done you just put castor oil cream on it. But we never really faught over it as i researched it first and took the points to him. He agreed that we got it done... Hope it helped

No comments:

Post a Comment